Re: Win95, Orbis

On Tue, 26 Sep 1995, Nathan Sivin wrote:

> AskSam has not used field lengths or data types for the many years I
> have used it. One of its advantages is that you can define a
> structured database (if you want to) and a record takes up no more
> space than the data in it plus a small overhead.  Are you using Asksam /Windows, or DOS?

My problem with AS is that the files aren't easily exchangable with
XyWRite. It's easy to import an ascii file into AS. But getting a file
OUT of that puppy, and importing it into XyWrite, is a challenge.
At least it was with the DOS version; I'm wondering if the
Windows version makes it a little easier.

jb