Re: ersatz autosave

Reply to note from Paul Breeze  Sat, 19
Feb 2005 15:01:09 GMT

> I ran:
>

> and it nabbed {{5$A}}. Its top line reads:
>
> {{5$A}} HTML.PM RJH 5/26/02

Aha, so you've confirmed the name clash. Don't know what HTML.PM
is, and can't seem to find it with XySearch; obviously it's a
routine of Robert's that made its way into your DLG file. Maybe he
planted it there while you weren't looking. Whatever it is, clearly
you're not making use of it. You need to create HTML.REG!

Here's what to do: Copy the Ersatz Autosave frame back into XY4.DLG.
Rename it; change {{5$A}} to another $x framename, e.g., {{5$B}}.
Issue LOADHELP to reLOAD DLG. Change your Ersatz key
assignment to $B (or whatever your new framename is). STore and
reLOAD your KBD file. You should be good to go.

> Is this a situation where my use of oo is likely to be causing
> interference?

No, it was the name clash (two DLG frames named $A). Change one of
the duplicate framenames and your problem should go away.

> I have been experiencing rather frequent hangs in XY4 and think
> this may be associated with AOT which I have set to 5-10
> minutes. . . . Have you ever experienced problems with AOT of
> this type?

No, I haven't. What makes you think the culprit is AOT? Does the
instability cease if you set AOT to 0,0?

> (I am editing a document with rather a lot of footnotes. I
> don't know if that is significant.)

It could be. Could be OOM (Out Of Memory). When you command
VA/NV $M+6, what value is reported? Upwards of 10? Upwards of 15?
That would be one indicator of impending (d)OOM. Does the
instability start when you edit that document? How big is the file?
Do you have other files open when you're editing it?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx