Re: Staying with XP after April 8 2014 (was Win 7 vs Win 8)

Hello James,

Nice to hear that there are other NB3 users besides me. My experience
has been that NB3 does not work well in W2K or anything from W95
upwards. The difference between Xy4 Editor.exe and Nb3 nb.exe +
editor.ov3 is quite big. Under W2K, NB3 starts very sluggishly, whereas
Xy4 works like a charm. Therefore, I am using VirtualPC 2007 + DOS
additions 2004 to run DOS 6.22 + Windows 3.11 and windowed DOS boxes
under this to have a responsive system. If you know some trick to coax
better performance out of NB3 under a more modern environment, I would
be more than interested to hear about it. VirtualPC 2007 will not be
updated and admittedly has some flaws that should be addressed, so it is
no more a mainstream solution, but it is the best that I have found for
running NB 3.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)