Re: New VCLIP

Jon,

This may be something of a hobbyhorse of mine, but I think there are a
couple of good reasons not to use Notepad: first, it does not support
ASCII, so if you have high-bit characters in the file, they will be
wrong when in Windows, second, better editors support drag-and-drop
(EditPad, Notepad++ etc.) that you can use in the other direction, i.e.
when going to Xy. This means that you can paint the excerpt (from a
browser or an email) you want to get into Xy and just drop it into a
file that is open in EditPad, save the file, and there it is in Xy, that
is if you have the same file open in Xy as well. These transfers
preserve the right encodings if the intermediary file is configured as
ASCII within Editpad. This latter is very convenient to say the least.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx