shorthand

from Morris Krok

  essence@xxxxxxxx

  When Xywrite is involved I am very much around as I have been watching
the hectic activity with great interest. I see my name has been mentioned a
few times in the despatches. For the purpose of the shorthand to work
efficently, the AR function must be included in the space bar, and if it
does not work automatically with the punctuation marks, it can be included
with them as well. I have been involved in computer shorthand since 1988
when I purchased a wonderful TSR program PRD+. Before I learnt to program
using XPL, I used the PRD+ macro feature to perform interesting things by
combining many of the programs Herb Tyson wrote in XyWrite Revealed. To
learn a little about programming I copied almost every program that is
contained in Tyson's book. Here I am inserting once again the Spl shorthand
file I use extensively. A few peculiarities of this file are, io for capital
I (to avoid using the shift or caps lock ) and using bv for be. In both
these instances you will note that on the keyboard io and bv are both
together. Consequently it is easire to type bv than be. Of course one make
as many changes depending upon one's fancy. The main thing to watch is not
have more than one space between the abbreviation and its expanded form.
  This shorthand file can be used for XPL programming purposes as well.
For instance the abbvreviation spv can stand for ≪sv,06≫ or an entire of
code depending how often such a code is used.
  In the keyboard file, 15= AR,plus tab:   28=AR, plus enter key:
57=AR, Space bar.

;SP;
abo about
abv above
ac acid
acc accede
accnt accountant
acco account
acd accord
aci acid
ack acknowledge
acmps accomplished
acn action
acp accept
acu acute
acv active
ad add
adc advice
admn adamant
adp adopt
adrs address
adt adult
adtn addition
adv advance
advb advisable
advi adviser
aero aeroplane
af after
affe affects
afn afternoon
afw afterwards
ag again
agno agnostic
agr agree
agst against
ahv achieve
ai air
ak ask
al able
alch alchemy
alg along
alge allege
alm almost
alo allow
alr already
als also
alt although
alto altogether
altv alternatively
alw always
alwn allowance
amg among
amgs amongst
amo amount
amu amuse
ani animal
anks ankles
ano another
ans answer
anyt anything
apl apply
aplt application
app appreciate
apr appear
ar area
arn around
arr arrange
asa asanas
asc ascend
ascn ascendancy
assi assistance
asts assists
aten attend
atk attack
atm attempt
atn attain
atnt attention
aug august
auth authority
av above
avl avail
aw away
awar awareness
awk awkward
aws was
ay any
ayt anything
bal balance
bcm become
bcz because
bdy body
bea beautiful
beau beauty
begi beginning
benf benefits
bew between
bf before
bg being
bgg beggar
bgn begin
bi bill
bk back
bks books
bl ball
blc black
bli blind
blu blue
blv believe
bn been
bne beneath
bre breathe
brg bring
brk break
bro brother
brou brought
brt birth
brv brave
bsi business
bst best
bt both
btr better
bu build
bv be
cad candor
caf caffeine
cal calendar
cdl cold
cdt condition
ce certain
cea cease
cem cemetery
charc characteristics
chc church
chd child
chi chief
chilr children
ci circle
cine cinemascoped
cir circuit
cj change
cjs charge
ck cook
cl call
clc collect
clcv collectively
cld called
cli climate
cln clean
clo cloth
clr clear
cls class
clu colour
cm come
cmb combine
cmc chemical
cmd commodity
cmg coming
cml complete
cmm committee
cmml commonly
cmn commence
cmo common
cmp company
cmpt compatible
cmpx complex
cmt cometh
cmu community
cn can
cnc concentrate
cnd conduct
cnnt cannot
cns consider
cnsc conscious
cnsdr considerate
cnst consideration
cnt content
cntl continual
cntr contract
cnts contest
cnu continue
col cool
colo colourful
comf comfort
comp comprehend
comp computer
comp computer
conce concealed
consd considerable
consu consumption
cont control
cont controversial
conv convince
corr corruption
cou could
coug cough
cp copy
cq cheque
cr care
crd credit
crea creative
crf careful
crj courage
crr correct
crs carries
crsp correspond
cry* carry
cs case
cse close
cst constant
ct cut
cu cure
cust customer
cvd covered
cvl civilised
cvlt civilisation
cvr cover
cz cause
da dear
dan danger
db debt
dbt doubt
dc decide
dcv deceive
de deep
dea death
dec December
dep depth
dff difficult
dffn difference
dffr different
dhydt dehydrated
di diet
digt digestion
dire directly
dis discover
disc discovery
disg disguise
disin disintegrate
disv dissolve
ditg dieting
div divide
dl deal
dlv deliver
dly delay
doc doctors
dont don't
dpn depend
dptm department
dr draw
drn drink phuza sele
drt direct
drv drive
dsr desire
dst destroy
dstg distinguish
dstr district
dt date
dtd detailed
dth death
du during
dvl develop
dw down
dy day
dyg dying
dz does
dzz disease
ea each
ed end
ef efficient
effv effective
efvl effectively
efy efficiency
ehml ephemeral
ei either
eig eighth
ej enjoy
ele electric
elg elegant
elim eliminate
elmt element
em emotion
en enter
enc enclose
encu enclosure
engy energy
enl entirely
eno enough
enthu enthusiastic
entr entrepreneur
env environment
eny energy
eq equal
er early
ern earnest
es east
esi easier
esm estimate
espl especially
est east
estab established
esy easy
et etc.,
etg eating
ev even
evad evaded
evi evil
evn evening
evnt eventually
evr ever
evtg everything
evy every
exc excuse
excd executed
exce excellent
excs exercise
exh exhaust
exmp example
exp example
expl explained
expm experiment
expn experience
expt expect
ext extend
extr extract
f for
fa fast
fai faithful
fal false
fam familiar
famo famous
fc face
fcg facing
fd food
fe feel
feb February
ferm fermentation
fi find
fil filament
fiv five
fiy fiery
fk fact
fl fill
fla flat
fld field
fllw follow
flo flourishes
flw flower
fm form
fnd found
fns finest
foc force
fr from
frc force
fre fire
freq frequent
fri Friday
fric friction
frie friend
frm firm
frn foreign
frnkl Franklin
frnt front
frt further
fru fruit
frun fruitarian
fsh finish
fst first
ft foot
ftcd fetched
fth father
fts fits
fu futile
ful fully
func functioning
furm furthermore,
fv favour
fvr fever
fw few
fwd forward
fx fix
fy fly
gar garment
gd good
gen general
g go
gir girl
gl glad
gls glass
gr great
gra grade
gre green
grea greatest
grm grammar
grn groin
grp group
grw grow
gt get
gv give
gvn given
h has
hab habit
hai hair
hap happen
har harmony
hd had
hde hideous
hea heal
hed head
heg height
hei height
hen honey
heri heritage
het heat
hf half
hi high
hith hitherto,
hl heal
hld hold
hle health
hlf half
hls heels
hm him
hmf himself
hnd hand
hne honey
hp happy
hpe hope
hr here
hrd hard
hre hear
hrf herself
hros heroes
hrs hours
hrw herewith
hse house
ht hot
hu human
hund hundred
hur hurt
hv have
hvy heavy
hw how
hwev however,
hyg hygiene
hz his
id idea
iid I'd
idc indicate
ide indeed
ilu illuminate
ilus illustration
im item
iim I'm
imm immediate
imp important
impl implication
impr improvement
inc include
incg increasing
ind Indian
inf inform
info information
inno innovative
inq inquire
ins insect
inst instance
int intend
intc intercourse
inte intelligence
intr interest
intt intention
intu intuition
intv intuitive
inv invoice
inve invention
invev inventive
io I
itru instrument
ive I've
jan January
jd judge
jour journey
jst just
ju juice
jul July
jun June
kale kaleidoscope
kdns kidneys
ke keep
kins Kindred Soul
kn knew
knl knowledge
kw know
kwn known
l will
lab laboratory
lang language
lc local
lei leisure
len length
les least
lf left
lg leg
li like
lib liberate
lif life
lig light
likw likewise
lis list
lj large
lk look
lmt limits
ln land
lng long
lo logic
loi lotions
lov love
lq liquid
ls less
lst last
lt late
ltl little
ltr letter
lv live
lve leave
lvg living
lvl level
lw law
m many
mac machine
magi magical
mank mankind
mas masticate
matr material
mc much
md* made
mdd midday
mdl middle
mdm madam
mds mudra
mdtt meditation
mea means
medi meditating
medv meditative
mee meet
ment mention
mer merely
mes measure
mhr mother
mi mind
mie mine
mih might
mil million
milg mileage
min minute
mira miracle
misc mischievously
misun misunderstanding
mk make
mkg making
mn man
mnr mineral
mnt mental
mntn maintain
mny money
mo more
mod modify
mol molecules
mom moment
mon Monday
mor morning
mr March
mri marriage
mry marry
msc music
mspl misspell
mst most
mstg mastering
mstr master
mt mat
mtbsm metabolism
mtd method
mte material
mth month
mtk mistake
mtl metal
mtn meant
mtr matter
mu must
mucsl Mucusless Diet Healing System
mko Morris Krok
mv move
myf myself
n in
nad and
nat nation
ncr nature
ncrl natural
ncst necessity
ncsy necessary
nd and
ne near
neg neglect
nei neither
neig neighbour
neu neuralgia
ni night
nm name
nml normal
nne nine
nou nourish
nov November
nr narrow
nrt north
nt not
nte note
ntg nothing
nto into
ntrs nutrients
num number
nutri nutritional
nv never
nvt nevertheless,
nw now
nx next
o our
obj object
obs obsolete
oc o'clock
occ occasion
ocr occur
oct October
oe one
ofc of course
ofi office
ofr offer
oi oil
ol old
omi omit
onc once
onl only
op open
opp opportunity
ora orange
ord order
org organ
ori original
orn ornament
osv ourselves
otr other
otrw otherwise
ou out
ov over
ovbn overburden
ow own
oxy oxygen
pagea pageantry
pala palate
pas past
pat patient
pdc product
pdcs products
pef perfect
peft perfection
pend pendulum
penn Pennsylvania
perc perceive
perh perhaps
pers persevere
perv pervert
phil philosophical
pho photograph
pj page
pl plan
plbl pliable
plc place
plcg placing
ple plea
pls please
plsu pleasure
ply play
pmp prompt
pnt point
po post
pof professional
poi poison
poid poisoned
pos posture
potato potato
potn potential
pou pounds
pp paper
ppl people
pr- part
pra prana
prai praise
prbb probably
prc price
prct percent
prd produce
pre preserve
prec precede
prev previous
prevl prevail
prf prefer
prh perhaps
pri period
prm promise
prob problem
proc procure
prp prepare
prts practise
pru prudery
prv prevent
ps pose
psb possible
psh push
pso person
psol personal
pss possess
pst position
pstt pastime
pt put
ptic particular
ptly partially
pty party
puc purchase
pur purpose
pv prove
pw power
py pay
qc quick
qe quiet
qlt quality
qs question
qt quite
qtt quantity
r are
ra rather
rath rather
rc reach
rcp receipt
rcpb receptable
rcpt receipt
rcv receive
rd read
re red
rea reason
rec receive
recom recommendation
rect reactions
reg regard
rej rejuvenate
rem remain
reqs requires
res reside
resb reasonably
rese research
rg/ regard
ri right
rk record
rl relate
rll really
rm remain
rmm remember
rmv remove
rn round
ro road
roo room
rp reply
rpo report
rpt repeat
rq request
rst rest
rstr restrict
rt remit
ru return
rv revolve
rvt revolution
rz result
sa same
sate satellite
satf satisfied
satu Saturday
sb subject
sbs substitute
sc such
scc succeed
sch school
sci science
scie scientific
scn scenery
sco social
scrd sacred
scs success
scu secure
sd should
sdt sedate
sec secret
secr secretive
sem seem
seo second
sep septic
sept September
ses season
sexu sexual
sez seize
sf self
sffi sufficient
sgg suggestion
sgl single
sgt sight
sh shall
sha shame
shat shatkarmas
shes she's
shi shine
shn shown
sho should
shr short
sht sheet
si side
sig significance
sil silence
sim simple
simi similar
simu simultaneously
sitg sitting
siu situation
sk seek
sl sell
slb salable
slc select
sle sleep
slv selves
sm some
sma small
sml similar
smm summer
smn semen
smtg something
smti sometimes
sn send
snc since
snd sound
snr sooner
sns sense
sny Sunday
sof soft
sol solution
soo soothing
sp ship
spcf specification
spcl special
spd speed
spdw speedword
spg spring
spl supple
spm shipment
spp supply
spr sprouts
sps suppose
sr serious
sre sincere
srp surplus
srt short
sry sorry
sst sister
sstm system
st state
sta stay
star staring
std stand
ste seat
stg strong
sti still
stk strike
stm statement
stns stones
sto stroke
stp step
stre stretching
strn strength
stt start
stu student
stum stumbled
sty study
su sun
subs substance
subss substances
sucsn succession
suf suffer
sui suitable
supp suppress
sur sure
surg surgeon
suvv survival
sv serve
sva several
svc service
svn seven
sw sweet
swn sweetness
sx six
sxu sexual
sy say
sym symptom
sysm system
t the
ta they
taht that
tau taught
tb table
tc thick
tch touch
te teeth
tech technological
teh the
tel tell
tenft tenderfoot
tfr therefore,
tg thing
tge together
tgt thought
th there
thby thereby
thi thigh
thin thinking
thk thank
thn then
tho though
thoro thorough
thr three
thro through
throt throughout
ths thousand
thu Thursday
ti time
tir their
tk take
tkn taken
tl talk
tls tailors
tm them
tmp temple
tmpr temperature
tmpry temporary
tmr tomorrow
tms terms
tmt tomatoes
tmv themselves
tn than
tng thing
tni tonight
tod today
tox toxic
toz those
tp type
tpcl therapeutical
tq think
tr try
tran transparent
tran transpire
trchs treacherous
tre trade
trea treatment
tri third
trib tribulation
triu triumph
trl truly
trmu transmuted
trn transport
trt truth
tru trouble
trv travel
ts this
tst thirst
tstc testicles
tt that
tu turn
tue Tuesday
tw two
twn town
tws towards
tx text
ty twenty
typ typical
tz these
usl usual
uc uric
ufd unfired
un under
unas unasked
undst understood
unecsr unnecessary
uni universal
unl unless
unst understand
unt until
untn undertaken
unu undue
uo upon
ur urea
usu usually
ut utmost
u use
v of
vac vacuum
var various
vcm victim
vcs vicious
ve veil
veg vegetable
veh vehicle
vi view
vic victory
vici vicious
vii visit
vin Vincent Priessnitz
vio violent
vis visible
vlu value
vnd ventilated
vo voice
vol volume
voya voyager
vtl vital
vtr veteran
vv vice versa
vy very
w was
wa war
wat what
wc which
wd would
wde wonder
wea weather
wegt weight
wen Wednesday
wer winter
wh where
whc whence
whl whole
whls wholesome
wi while
wiws windows
wk week
wl well
wm whom
wmn woman
wn when
wnd wound
wnt want
wo who
wrod wordprocessing
wov whoever
wr were
wrd word
wri write
wrk work
wrl world
wry worry
wsa was
wst waste
wt with
wth whether
wti white
wtn within
wto without
wtr water
wtst withstood
wtv whatever
wy way
wz wise
y you
yg yoga
yi yield
yn young
youre you're
yout youthfulness
yr year
ys yes
ysf yourself
yst yesterday
yt yet
yu your
z is

  My version of XyWrite 111 plus is 3.57 and I never had a problem with
its shorthand capablilities as I deleted Ctrl R as the key to expand
abbreviations to the ones i described above. Does it vary much from version
3.58.