From: Jon Pareles
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 01:19:42
Subject: Re: TAMEd XY4: Right fonts, wrong place

I knew this would be hard to explain.
Under View/General Options I un-checked Allow Proportional Fonts, so I only see the list of installed monospace fonts--which unfortunately doesn't include Verily Serif Mono, a very nice monospace font that apparently did not tell Windows it is monospace. C'est la vie.
So I get the list of installed monospace fonts. But if I choose
Inconsolata or Aurulent or BpMono I see the exact same onscreen
font--except in the command line. Lucida Console and most others give me a
different, more angular (like Futura) font. There's a monospace Courier
in there, very typewriter-esque. But the only place I can see it is in the
command lines--not in the piece I'm writing, which shows the same font as
Lucida Console.
Change to View/General Options and check Allow Proportional Fonts and I
can choose Verily Serif Mono. But it looks the same as Lucida
Console--except in the command line.
I know it's wacky. The problem is that every time I "upgrade" TAME,
something else goes kerflooey. Obviously TAME can put these fonts where
I'm writing the piece--it does on other computers. But this one....

JP

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx