Re: Syntax highlighter for Xy in PsPad or some other external editor

Many thanks for the suggestions!

Manuel wrote:
I suggest Sublime Text 2.
http://www.sublimetext.com/2
I am sure it's possible to get a good result. Anyhow, I don't have time
enough to build a syntax highlighting scheme.

This seems to involve serious programming, and it is an expensive editor at $70 a license.

There is another candidate which is very interesting if one has time to build it from the bottom up, namely Textadept, which is uses Lua for text processing. http://foicica.com/textadept/
I am afraid it is not quite ready for prime time, as I had unexpected trouble when changing
encodings: 'conversion failed' errors. Normally this works fine in EditPad and similar products, but
the Lua code is well worth looking into nonetheless.

Martin wrote:
I don't understand the character encodings. The string «MDNM» displays
by default as ®MDNM¯; I can't see an encoding option that displays it at
«MDNM».

'Encoding, Character sets, Western European, OEM-US' solves that. And there seems to be good possibilities to define what is needed, see: http://udl20.weebly.com/operators.html
I will explore this further. Notepad++ is free and mature.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx