Re: major installation dilemna

Sherry wrote:

> Bill, I just tried to simply double click my old version.. (I had moved everythign
> over and had NOT deleted it yet).. it turns on but looks all long and letters
> squished. any way to fix that? as it is, it is not usable.
> >
> > >my xy4 disk1 is dead AHHHHH...
> > >got a new XP puter.

Sherry,

This has been much discussed here -- see for instance my summary note to Robert of a
few days ago . . . which to date has drawn no comment. (I expect the display issues
won't be much different from W2K to XP.) When I'm able to retrieve the file I printed
out for reference, covering much past discussion here of display issues for Win
fullscreen or windowed sessions, flat panel monitors, and laptops, I will post it to
the List for d/l, hopefully avoiding much of a need to search the archives on these
topics.

As to your Xy4DOS #1 disk, you probably won't be needing it, but in case you do, feel
free to contact me off-list. Offhand, I couldn't quote you the contents of that disk,
but in any case you would want to substitute the 4.018 EDITOR.EXE, which has the Y2K
file-date fix. TTG had this on its site for all comers, so any of us should be able
to make this available to you.

Jordan