Re: DOS printing under VMware

You may want to check the links I posted the other day.

If you have better things to do than to try to fix this, there is always
the possiblity to print to a PS file and distill it. VirtualPc 2007 lets
you to print from DOS, but only if you have a legacy LPT1 port. I used
to be able to print this way, but when I changed to my current HP Z400
workstation, which does not have an LPT1 port, this is what I do:
I print PS files to Y:file.ps (= Y: is a share on the Win7 side which is
actually an Acrobat Distiller watched folder (IN folder). This way I
have a PDF in my OUT folder ready to print or to email as soon as I
output the PS file. As a bonus, you'll have a very nice print preview.
This works equally well in VMware or VirtualBox.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx