Re: XyWrite 4.016 (or later) and high-ascii characters

Here is a replay of my message, with the missing information about function
calls (between asterisks) added:

Keep in mind that, besides mapping European characters to keys, you can
also map the diacritics to keys. For instance, I use / for acute accent, \
for grave, and " for umlaut. I have put the **corresponding function
calls, S1, S2, and S3,** on the CTRL-SHIFT keys, 53,
43, and 40 respectively. If I want to do a u with an umlaut, I first do
CTRL-SHIFT /, and then type a "u". That way I only need one devoted key
combination for each diacritic, rather than one each for a, o, u, with
unlaut, etc.

-------
N. Sivin
History and Sociology of Science