A suggestion....

 This is just a suggestion. I don't really know if this can be done
 or not.

 Would it be possible to associate a short one line note with a "dir"
 call? I've reached the point where I have so many files that I'm
 often clueless as to the contents of many until I open the file and
 discover that it is not the one I need. It would be nice if a short
 note were associated with each file. Takala, the NB fellow, produced
 a feature like this for NB4.5 (DOS), but he associated it with a
 feature not unlike SAVESESS, which I do not think is necessary. I
 think that I would associate it with CALLUP.

 The Takala macro produced a line the reads like this:

 C:\NB4\WORK\STJAMES.NB4    Jul-17-2001 9:36 AM ; Dennis document

 "Dennis document" is my note.

 C:\WALTON\TCANG10.TXT     06/28/1999 8:44 AM; Izaak Walton's "The Com

 Here is another example.

 This is just a suggestion. Perhaps it is not possible. Gosh, I
 hope that it does not alread exist in U2.

 M.W. Poirier