Re: Need advice re a new laser printer

In my exposure to problems with printer drivers and older applications, I have
found that in 95% of cases, if you are having problems with a PCL6 driver, it
can be overcome by replacing the driver with a PCL5e driver.
I don't know why...refer to this answer (it's about my level of understanding)

from - http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?
admit=716493758+1081913085406+28353475&threadId=514076

was this question..."

When i'm going to install a printer, i can choose between PCL, PCL6 PCL5e
drivers for HP LJ 4050.
What is the difference between those drivers?
WHich can i choose best?

thanks for your help,
Mieke "

and answer..."

Mieke,

The PCL driver listing is the Microsoft Unidriver. It provides basic
functionality for the unit.
PCL6 is an HP driver that contains the most features and options however some
older applications do not translate well. (You might get PCLXL errors)
PCL 5e is an HP driver as well and is more compatible with older or customized
applications but it does provide more options than the MS unidriver.
Recommend using the PCL6 unless you have a specific need for the 5e driver.

Trent "

I tend to focus on fixing the issue at hand - not trying to find out why there
is an issue. That's a job for HP developers.

that's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Marc

Quoting Caballero :