Re: xp and 25 lines

After some trouble, I managed to get both XyIII+ and XyIV (4.18) to run on my
wife's laptop reasonably satisfactorily under XP Home edition.

1. Right click the XyIV icon to get to Properties.
2. On Screen tab, check Full Screen
3. In Compatibility tab, set it up to run program in Compatibility mode for Win
95 (to do this, you may have to go into Help, search for Compatibility, and
follow the instructions under Getting Older Programs to run in XP. )
4. Under Font tab, choose 12 x 16.

That should give you full screen, but you can get somewhat clearer results (at
least I can) by running it in a Windows box, which is almost (not quite) full
screen. To do that, while Xy4 is running, press Alt-Ent.

then right click the blue bar at the top.
Under Font tab, choose 20 size Lucida Console font.
Under Options tab, click Window; and Buffer Size 50; and Number of buffers 4.
Under Layout tab, Screen Buffer Size, width 80; height 60
        Window size, Width 80, Height 35.

I think that's all I did. Let me know if it works or not.

Nicholas Clifford
clifford@xxxxxxxx