Re: XY DOS Slow and Quirky Under W2K

WooF wrote:

> > And if Project Odin gets into the home stretch, we'll have
> > access to the key Win-32 app.s under OS/2 as well.
>
> What is Project Odin?
>
> George Scithers of owlswick@xxxxxxxxxx

Formerly known as the Win32 project. A joint effort of an
international team of programmers, whose objective it is to make
most standard 32-bit Windows app.s and utilities run under OS/2,
much as they would under W98 and above. The methodology involved
is different and much more complicated than the Win-OS2 subsystem
that has been built-in to OS/2 Warp ever since version 3.0 of the
operating system -- which already allows the running of a
majority of 16-bit app.s written for Win 3.11 -- though it is
intended to be almost as transparent.

Quite a bit of progress has already been made in this endeavor, a
substantial amount remains to be done.

Jordan