Re: TYP and XY3

Dear Robert

Now that you have asked the question about character sets I realise that I am not consistent; I am
using 437 for XY3 because that appears to be my Windows 2000 default for full screen DOS and 850
under XY4 (set in startup.int using "d la=850").

I use XY3 to produce copy; text and numerals only, no graphics and few accented characters. When I
need to use the copy in other Windows programs I import into Wordperfect 9 and from there I can
export to Word if necessary. As far as I can see, any of the three code pages would be suitable
for my usage but if 1252 is the future, then I am happy to adopt that.

However, I am rather disconcerted to discover that I do not know how to control the code page under
Windows 2000. When I command Mode under a DOS window I find code page 437, so I assume that is my
default. I can change this in XY3 by putting a "Do chcp 850" into startup.int and
that changes the DOS codepage to 850, though whether it has any effect on XY3, I do not know.
Clearly I need to carry out further research into this.

Best wishes

Paul