Re: XY in DosBox (XP)

At 3/31/2004 02:11 PM -0500, EBERLE, JIM wrote:
Not to muddy the DosBox (XP) post waters any more than they already are, but have list members determined that XyDOS 4.018 can function properly under XP in non-DOS box mode as it does under Windows 98SE?
Yes, Jim. I THINK that's the consensus. There may be some quirks, depending
of which version of XP you are using, but as I recall it runs fairly well
full-screen, save the jerky, halting cursor movement, which is mitigated
mostly, but not entirely, by TAME (see the many posts on this). As an
alternative (an expensive one) some list members run either Virtual PC or
VMWare on XP and set up a virtual W98SE environment for XyDos. Martin and I
have both tried this; the results are an improvement over TAME, but, again,
if you're fussy, you'll find it is not as smooth or as instant in response
as it is under W98 normally. Again, there are many posts on this.

Michael Norman