Re: Running XY in Window

My XyWrite runs beautifully in full screen on the CRT in my office and
the flat screen on my home computers. Both are Dell P4's running XP.

Thomas J Hawley wrote:

** Reply to message from cld@xxxxxxxx (Carl Distefano) on Thu, 04 Nov 2004 21:01:06 -0500
would someone explain to me the apparent obsession with getting Xy to run in a window?
My experience: Some flat panel screens and their associated video cards don't seem to handle DOS applications very well in a Win 2000 / XP full screen session. And the CRT is fading fast in the marketplace. I certainly agree that full screen is a better place to work. But this has to be balanced against the time and effort of getting a ten year old DOS program to function satisfactorily in an increasingly hostile operating system and hardware environment. Tom Hawley New York tjh@xxxxxxxx
-- Leslie Bialler, Columbia University Press lb136@xxxxxxxx 61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023 212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup