Re: Programming Query: Stripdir

Thanks, Carl, for a very thorough explanation. (I do know about how to
point-and-call files; have been doing it for years, and it's one of my
favorite things that XyWrite does.) Interestingly enough, that XC command
(assigned to F9, where the out of the box installation put it) seems to
have, shall we say, a predisposition for calling files. Here's my new
version:
XPLeNCODE v2.0
b-gin [myprog.pgm]
{<}SX10,{<}VA$DR{>}{>}{<}SX11,{<}VA@10.1{>}{>}{<}SX12,{<}IS11
-nd
XPLeNCODE

When I position the cursor on the file, having previously typed RUN
myprog.pgm on the command line, and now hit F9, the file gets CALLED. If
I position the cursor, then type Run myprog.pgm and hit return/enter, the
code runs. So I'll just have to break myself of the habit of hitting F9
with this routine, I guess.

Patricia