Re: PDF a XY file

Manuel Castelao wrote:
> 1. The Jumbo U2 file includes an utility (Xy2PDF) to do that. It requires XyShell.>
Actually, it doesn't need XyShell under Windows. It does need Xy4,
though, and Marc is apparently another XyIII diehard. But even under
III, all you really need is a Postscript printer driver and either PDF
Creator (which Harry recommended and I used to use, but the license
restricts you to one machine) or Ghostscript and Gsview (the first free,
the second nagware, but worth every cent of--well, I forget the cost,
its in Aussie $$). That is one majorly useful program. Besides using it
in conjunction with XyWrite, I have used it to work around all sorts of
glitches. A week ago, the PS Laserjet at the office was down for repairs
(fuser blown). One document I have to print (a mailing form for the
USPS) won't print right on anything but Postscript; on the Deskjet, the
USPS logo on top comes out in mirror-image. So I loaded a Postscript
driver in Windows, "printed" the form to a file, ran the file through
GSview, and printed it to the Deskjet. Logo right side out, and
everything handsome about it.

Patricia M. Godfrey