Re: Automatic file replacement in XYwin

From: Harry Binswanger
> I didn't know about CITE. What a great tool!
>
> I have a request for an enhancement to add (I thought I could program it
> myself, but the U2 code looks more advanced than the level I'm comfortable
> with): have the displayed "hits" excerpt the whole sentence the hits were
> found in, with blank lines between them. This would produce a more readable
> display when searching through text files.

Any enhancements would be up to Robert; the routine is his. But the requested feature is,
effectively, already there. Although the default context for search results is 67 characters, you
can specify a wider context on the CMline, e.g.:

CITE /200,[target_string]

To change the default context, edit variable Chars_of_Context in XYWWWEB.REG. Blank lines are
automatically inserted if the context is longer than a full line. For details, read the help
screen:

HELP CITE.

--
Carl Distefano