Re: Nota Bene and OS/2

spurious duplications of text, eh?
I've been getting something that fits that description while typing copy in
xywrite. The last line repeats. The cursor takes up a false position. When
you start typing again, it leaps back a couple of lines and starts in the
middle of a word. The duplicated line then disappears. Don't remember that
running XY4.12 for windows in windows 3.1...only in windows 98. Any
suggestions? Light of any kind?

At 05:15 PM 09/27/1999 +0900, you wrote:
>John Gordon:
>
>>"Flicker" is probably the wrong
>>word; it's really more of a "video flash" that happens every six
>>or seven typed words and is manifested as a single line rapid
>>horizontal blip. I didn't see it with NotaBene.
>
>Mmm, that might drive me to NotaBene, or Linux, or Mac OS. Or drink. For
>me (and Win9x), XyWin certainly does have its irritations, including video
>oddities (spurious duplications of text, etc.), but I've never seen these
>video flashes (by any name).
>
>If you think it might be the video card, well, unless you're an engineer,
>an architect, or of course a one-man army facing flamethrower-toting mutant
>monsters, an entirely adequate replacement video card is pretty cheap these
>days.
>Peter Evans

Tony G.