Re: Late Reply #1

When I look at all the reviewed, written up, or advertised systems I
invariably find things I don't want. My inclination is to specify just about
every component, in order to get exactly what I want.  This pretty much leaves
out all of the "name" suppliers, who can't or won't customize to anywhere near
that degree (cost aside). So, I'm trying to line up the right "back room" guy
who can do a great job and comes well recommended.

At the same time, I have just d/l'd over 300K worth of msg.s from CI$ on the
subject of the Pentium Bug, and just what its implications may be. I sure
don't want to wait another 6 months until this mess is resolved, but I want to
properly assess the situation before reaching any final decision. I'm doing
everything possible to learn from the mistakes of others. (My brother recently
ordered a very complex P5/90 system from Tricad -- the recipient of an
excellent review in PC Mag. -- and for some as yet unknown reason, despite the
supposed q.c. checks, it arrived more or less d.o.a. He spent a very long time
futzing with it, coached on their toll-free dime, and finally had to send it
back.) Whether we're talking Dell, or Compaq, or some hotshot you never heard
of, you can't be too sure of how things will turn out . . . .