Re: Old C|net DOS/Xy discussion - need for action?

Reply to note from Kari Eveli  Sat, 26 Dec 2015
20:48:26 +0200

Kari,

It's a bit odd, isn't it, that as we slouch towards 2016, a Google
search for "xywrite full screen Windows 7", or "dos word processor full
screen Windows", still returns this ancient thread as the first result.
This is no doubt because cnet scores high on Google's ranking factors
http://backlinko.com/google-ranking-factors.

If you're a cnet member, you could start a new thread (or sign up to do
so). Although I suspect that interest in running DOS apps is negligible
among cnet members, maybe, given the popularity of the site, the new
thread would replace the old one in search results. It would also be
interesting just to see what the reaction is.

PS: Apologies for the two abortive posts. Don't know what happened there.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx