Re: Unbalanced Wildcard searches

** Reply to message from russurquhart1@xxxxxxxx on Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:45:05
+0000

Russ:

> Just one question that i couldn't immediately figure out on my own.
> 	≪SX01,≪VA@01(1≫≫
> I know that that is storing something in 01. (I'm assuming something
> with regard to the value in 01.)
> Could you explain what's happening there?

It's another way of parsing text. The format is

where "nn" is the Save/Get, "s" is a separator character (*must* be a valid
separator per your SEparator table), and "e" is the element. Suppose S/G 01
contained a $tring like "who.what.when.why":

 == "who"
 == "what"
 == "when"
 == "why"

E.g. "when" is the third element to occur after a "." separator in the source
$tring "who.what.when.why"

In your program, where "notify()" is (for example) the S/G 01 source $tring,
 == "notify"
 == ")"

So by saying "