Re: Windows 8

Well yeah, but virtualization also seems to have been a
priority:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2011/09/07/bringing-hyper-v-to-windows-8.aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2011/09/07/bringing-hyper-v-to-windows-8.aspx

At 10/25/2012 08:11 PM, you wrote:
This latest Win is said to have been designed primarily for tablets.  What I've been
seeing is a blizzard of rather negative reports on it.

  Jordan

--- On Thu, 10/25/12, Lynn Brenner wrote:

From: Lynn Brenner
Subject: Re: Windows 8
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 11:15 AM

Based on the reviews even figuring out how to access Windows programs will require some effort.

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Have you come across information that would lead you to believe that a
further iteration of Windows would, in any way, make working with DOS
easier? If you have, I would suggest that somebody is pulling your leg.

And if not, then I guess we ALL know the answer.

(and from what I've seen so far, just figuring out how to even run DOS
will be quite an effort)

-BH

-----Original Message----- From: Nicholas Clifford

I suppose I can already guess the answer to this, but is Windows 8 going
to make DOS programs -- XyIV specifically -- easier to use?