XyWin Problems

I've uncovered a problem with XyWrite for Windows.

I'm running OS/2 version 2.1 on an IBM Model 57 with 12 meg of memory. When I
try to use either the search or the replace dialogue box, the program crashes
if I try to type something into the box for the search target. If I click on
the text box, the cursor flashes vigorously, and the program ceases to
function. I can't shift to any other windows programs, and the only recourse I
have is CTRL-ESC to return to OS/2 and kill Win-OS/2 entire. This problem
occurs BOTH when I run XyWrite on the OS/2 desktop in a window, and when I run
it from full-screen Win-OS/2.

I have twice deleted XyWrite for Windows from my computer, and reinstalled from
scratch. Nothing seems to help.

I have tried to replicate the bug on my home installation, a Dell 486 DX/2. In
both Dos and OS/2 on my home computer, the search and replace dialogue boxes
work fine. The bug only appears on my IBM model 57 at work.

Needless to say, I'm baffled. I can work around the problem; I usually prefer
to issue search/replace commands from the command line anyway. But it is a
troublesome bug nonetheless.

Anyone else have a problem like this?

Steve