Re: NB 8

Quit NB. CAll NB.INI in Xy4. Find a stanza called [General Settings]. Find
spec called "New Window=something"? What's the value of "something"? If zero,
erase the line, SAve file, launch NB.

AMAZING! That took care of it, all right.
Assume you're using NB8 GA.

What is "GA"?
 Do what I said, Harry. NB *will not allow* you to
get to the grey background with no cursor. As soon as you close the last
window, NB will auto-reopen a new window.
That's just what I wanted. Now can you solve an irritant? The cursor goes
to the document (or empty white screen) at times when I want it to stay on
the CM line. E.g., when NB first launches, but more irritatingly, anytime
that I get an error message on the status line--e.g., a search that doesn't
find anything--the cursor doesn't stay on the CM line but goes to text.
BTW, I think I've found an error in README.HTM: when you talk about turning
off Auto Correct, you have "pfun" where it should be "func". Or else I'm
missing something.

Thanks, Robert.
Harry
Robert Holmgren