Re: Re Keystrokes: Possible BIOS compatibility

** Reply to message from "M.W. Poirier"  on Wed, 27
Jul 2005 07:58:10 -0400 (EDT)

> I don't know what was causing the problem, but it certainly
> is working fine now.

You didn't DECODE it properly.

> I ran KEYSTROKES.PM and I was frozen
> up only once with NL.

If you add "|NL|" to the exclusion list, it should run through without error
(and comment out the line with the "BX p 1Q2 " in it, which will make it run
fast all the way through).

> Now, if I can only get my head around
> what advantage I gain by knowing all of this, since it is not
> immediately obvious to me.

Nothing for you, maybe. Something for me though. You volunteered! I have no
idea what practical use this routine is. Very obscure to me. But kinda "cool"
nevertheless. And it documents a technique which is otherwise hardly ever used
(maybe for good reason). We document a lot of techniques in U2, with no
perceptible purpose, just to get an example of usage into the public domain.
Look at frames @DAT and @DTS, for example. Neat!

> Thanks Robert.

For what? Thank _you_!

Robert Holmgren