New P90 Iron

Jordan: You might take a look at the Dell XMT 590 which I recently bought. (My
son is going off to Yale with my 1990 486.) The nicest thing about this machine
is that you can buy it "bare" for about $2,000, with just the motherboard (two
PCI slots) and the memory chips. I added a drive of my choice (a Micropolis
SCSI 1.05GB ported from the previous unit), an ATI mach64 PCI turbo with 4MB
VRAM, a Soundblaster 16 (also ported) and a Future Domain SCSI-2 controller PCI
card. I had to install the Tape Backup unit (Connor) that Dell shipped because
they said they couldn't test it without a drive (they could have just as easily
put it in) but the whole thing came together in a snap. It is built like a
ceramic privy. Very solid. It runs Warp, which runs Back & Forth which runs
XyWrite 4.015Q.