Re: dumb Tame question

** Reply to message from Bill Troop  on Mon, 03 Jan 2005
17:35:56 -0500

> Looking at Task Manager processes doesn't seem
> to tell me anything useful but, on the other hand, I don't really know how
> to read the information.

Do yourself a favor, Bill, and go get a copy of Process Explorer at:

 http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml

Install it, and allow it to _replace_ M$ Task Manager. Right away you can see
which processes are stealing the CPU. You've got some garbage on your machine,
and you need to get rid of it. Another good util is SpyBot-Search & Destroy.
It has a few handy tools, that easily allow you to identify what a process is
and whether it is required, and to permanently kill (but can also reinstate!)
processes that you really don't want to start each time you boot your computer.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx