Re: XY4 with Virtual PC

Dear Kari

I have a file called ORCA.ZIP which I found on the internet. There
appears to be a copy here:

http://support.colligo.com/Lists/Knowledge%20Base/DispForm.aspx?ID=4

Otherwise search for Orca.zip or orca.msi

Best wishes

Paul

Kari Eveli wrote:
Paul,
Virtual PC 2007 will not normally install under Windows 2000 but there
is a simple procedure on the internet to edit the MSI installation file so that it will not refuse to load if it detects w2k. It uses a program called Orca and is extremely straightforward. Afterwards, it will install and, so far as I can see, it runs perfectly. Interesting. The ability to edit MSI files would be helpful in many instances. Where can I find this procedure? I gather Orca is part of Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows, which is enormous. What do I need to download in order to edit MSI files? Best regards, Kari Eveli LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland) lexitec@xxxxxxxx *** Lexitec Online *** English summary of our services: http://www.lexitec.fi/sitesummary.html FileOpen-based ebook packaging and support: http://www.lexitec.fi/fileopen.html Acrobat Reader Treasure Trove: http://www.lexitec.fi/acrobat-reader.html English-Finnish-English Computer Terms: http://www.lexitec.fi/glossary.html Home page (in Finnish): http://www.lexitec.fi/