Caps Lock keys

Leslie wrote: ≪ speaking of Windows "hot keys." Anybody know a freeware
or shareware program that simply disables Windows hot keys?≫

My most recent copy of PC World mentions a method of remapping one's keys
by editing the Registry (find.pcworld.com/41726), and a freeware app for
XP and 2K, KeyTweak, by one Tavis Krumsick, available at
find.pcworld.com/41728. Haven't tried either, as I work at too many
machines, some of which are used by others, so I don't dare get used to
too different key layouts in anything bu XyWrite (which only I use). I'm
forever hitting CapsLock when I think I'm hitting Tab, but never hit
Right Alt or Ctrl or Enter for, say, ?, comma, or quotes. Odd, too,
because I'm a lefty, and one would expect MORE errors on the right hand.
Go figure.
Patricia