Nota Bene and OS/2 -Reply

I downloaded the demo, and had the same results you did - it would not
install under OS/2. My guess is that its a Windows 95 executable.

I installed it under NT, and it worked fine. I returned to OS/2, and
tried to run Nota Bene, but got error messages saying some DLL files
were missing. A little snooping discovered the DLL files in my
winnt\system subdirectory. I copied them to the os2\mdos\winos2\system
subdirectory, but when I tried to run NB I got a "Call to undefined
dynalink" error message.

This is odd, because the information on the NB website clearly says
that NB will run under Windows 3.1 Maybe the installation program
that comes with the full package would work under OS/2.

Anyway, I like NB - its a lot like XyWin, but with some nifty
additional features. I think the keyboard can be redefined, and the
Dialog file is clearly derived from XyWrite, so a little poking around
under the hood seems to be in order. :)

Steve Crutchfield

>>> "J.L. Gordon"  09/26 9:03 am >>>
Thanks to Daniel Say for pointing us to the Nota Bene for
Windows demo. Has anyone tried it under OS/2? I downloaded the
demo file but it would not install on my machine (Warp 4 FP6).
The error message made reference to the Win32s subsystem, which
I assume means that it requires a later Win32s than OS/2
supports. I then tried it under Win95, and it at least does not
have the video flicker that I get when using XyWin. But I would
never leave OS/2 just for that.

Cheers,
John Gordon