Re: period double space

** Reply to message from "M.W. Poirier"  on Sun, 02
Jun 2002 10:00:43 -0400 (EDT)

> To the original poster:

> I don't think that you need worry about this, and for two reason:
> 1) I'd be very surprised if you won't be able to modify the appro-
> priate frame in U2 so as to accept _one_ space after a punctuation
> mark that terminates a sentence; and 2) if worse comes to worse,
> and you can't modify the XPL frame in question, don't invoke that
> particular U2 utility in your writing.

I'm lost. If WooF doesn't like two spaces after end_of_sentence, then he
doesn't run that frame. It's for converting one space to two, that's all.
Purely an optional thing. Prefer one space? Do nothing! If he likes double
space between paragraphs ONLY, then he can just run that part of it. It doesn't
run automatically against his documents, which is what he seems to be implying;
there are 600 programs in U2, and NONE of them run automatically. You launch
them individually, if and when you choose, exactly as you do with native
commands. This is just another tool in the toolbox.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx