MEMORY PROBLEMS

Brian: Thanks for your interest. Once our network is booted up and Xy is
running, we have 255kb left over. The help file takes 12, Hypenation program 3
and printing file 11. After getting a 4,300-line directory over the network, we
are left with 42kb, which apparently is not enough to run the retrieve program
on any of the files in the list. Some quick experimentation reveals that we
lose about 4 or 5 k to each 100 lines of text. This doesn't sound like anything
you can solve, but if you have any suggestions, I'd be most interested. FYI, we
intend to upgrade to V.4 and ultimately run it under windows on a Novell pc
network. We may buy a newsroom editing shell that uses Xy 4.