Re: OT .. Virus Alert.. This one is REAL..

At 11:01 AM 12/5/01 -0500, Bill Troop wrote:
>That worked for me for years, Rene, but recently, on a new computer with AV
>software, I did try to put on some data from a floppy which did turn out to
>have a virus -- I was glad after all I had the AV software.

There were some real viri around in the old DOS days, that is true. But
every new "virus" scare that we have seen in the last years (I love you,
Nimda, Badtrans, whatever) were simply attachments that did something if
you ran them. This is pathetic. Like somebody on the street giving you a
pill and saying: "Swallow this". Would you do that? And would you then run
around and post warnings regarding the precise shape or color of the pill?
What is the &^%$%%$##g point?

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo