Re: Clipboard and XyDos (was xy windows)

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Thu, 10 Dec 1998 9:53:24 -0500

Cleaning out my XyWrite mailbox, I saw a few ancient unopened notes, including this
one:

>> You can't use XYDOS to copy to or from Windows programs.

> Actually, you *can* use the Windows clipboard--with limited results--with
> XYDOS if you have Xy in a DOS window (not full screen). I've long done
> this with Xy3 in both Win3.1 and Win95; and I just tested it with Xy4 in
> Win95 and it behaves the same.

Under OS/2, you can use the systemwide Clipboard (in an unlimited fashion) from a
*full-screen* DOS session and/or from a window on the Desktop. To copy TO the
Clipboard, DeFine the text you want to clip, and command "clip". To paste
FROM the Clipboard, make sure nothing is DeFined, then issue the same command. You
can also assign clipping to a key in the KBD file; I use LeftShift-Insert for both
copying and pasting. (There's actually a new version of this program, as of a few
days ago.)

To get CLIP, goto XyWWWeb (http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/) and search for
"Clipboard". You need to DL file CLIP.ZIP (it's not sufficient to have Jumbo U2
alone, although you still need it - Jumbo U2 is currently at version 030 dated
1/30/99, and edging closer and closer to a solid megabyte of programming).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx