Re: 3.52 to 4

Reply to note from "Yo Intl."  Sat, 21 Oct 2000
01:20:13 +0900

-> >and large, should work as is; I strongly recommend changing
-> >BC,...,XC pairs to BX,...,Q2.
->
-> Hmm.... what was the reason for a low-level user to do that?
-> BC...XC seems to work just fine here.

To avoid needlessly destroying the command line every time a
keyboard macro is executed. For a quiet display and much-increased
speed of execution, especially in key assignments that include
multiple BC..XC combinations. To enjoy, day in, day out, one of the
many, thoughtful amenities that Xy4 offers over its predecessors.

There's nothing arcane or "advanced" about BX...Q2. In
Xy4|XyWin|NBWin, it's the clean, efficient, idiomatic way to execute
commands which are not typed manually on the command line. It's
unquestionably the first, easiest (and, possibly, the only) change
to the keyboard file that should be made upon upgrading from Xy3
to 4.

To my mind, a low-level user is someone who remains willfully blind
to important new features, who avoids a simple Change-Verify command
in the interest of slavish adherence to the old, familiar ways. My
working assumption is that there are no low-level users here. Your
question implies otherwise. Why?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx