Re: NBWIN -- frequent crashes

Nick Clifford writes:
Has anyone else been having bad crash problems with NBWIN?  I've had the
program for a couple of weeks now, and discover that it goes down with
monotonous regularity

Yes, same thing happens to me, though not as frequently, mostly when I try to take the program through views using a non-notebene keyboard, or my XyDos kbd with the obvious things removed. There's also something wrong with the CTRL key calls in the F-keys, particularly 63-66. And I have a standard IBM 101 keyboard. I've tried every kbd file and none work right in that f-key range.

There are other minor problems...I've tried all sorts of
permutations and they all fail, sending me back either to Xy4DOS or MS
WORD.  Any help cheerfully accepted, for at this point I'm sorely
tempted to see if I can get my money back.

I'm a XyDos user as well and am also discouraged. I too get no replies to e-mail, not from Tech support or from Anne Putnam, to whom I sent a private e-mail. When I call tech support, it's like speaking with someone new to the program. I'm told always that the tech person who knows the answers, knows also how to make the needed transition from XyDos to NB, is not there. All of this, of course, echoes the Sturum und Drang here across the last year or so about Mr. Frank and his company. And it once again underscores the value of this list.

Michael Norman