Re: mac filing system

I switched to Mac iBook about 2 years ago, although I keep an older computer running DOS only for work using Xy4 exclusively.

What sold me on the Mac is ease of use, especially when traveling. I'm one of the 80% whose needs
are basic: Word; Excel; iTunes; iPhoto; web browsing. WiFi connections on the fly seem more
effortless than with Win-based PC.

I run DosBox on the Mac in order to run Xy4 while traveling. Parallels didn't work for me, and I
haven't bothered with alternatives, since DosBox fits my minimal needs. To move work from the old
Dos computer to Mac and back, I use a portable 3.5 floppy drive. For moving everything else:
flashdrive or e-mail. Xy docs get converted in Word on Mac, and e-mailed to publisher. The file
system hasn't bothered me, as I can easily access my DosBox Xy files in the library and move or copy
them if necessary. Moving a lot of files, I just open the both "to" and "from"
folders in separate finder windows. It took me about a month to get used to the change in
"feel."

I love the iBook, enjoy taking it everywhere. Can't say the same about my old Thinkpad T40, which I
still use in my office. Hate to sound like an ad, but the Thinkpad (excellent computer) is a
machine, the Mac iBook is a friend.