Re: New Windows installer for vDos-lfn

Hi Kari,

Is this going to be mutually exclusive with the regular vDosXy, or can they coexist and be run alternatively ?  I'm thinking about being able to do comparisons.  This would be particularly for 64-bit W7, but maybe also 32-bit.  Of course, I'm not expecting them to work like fully portable apps, and so would run only one at a time.  I'm also wondering about the status of printing through this branch of vDos.

   Jordan

From: Kari Eveli
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2016 11:34 PM
Subject: Announcing vDos-lfn for XyWrite 1.00 installer

Hello all,

There is a new installer for running DOS XyWrite based on Wengier Wu's
vDos-lfn (version 2015.11.01, build 2016.05.22).

Download vDos-lfn for XyWrite 1.00 from:
http://www.lexitec.fi/xywrite/utility.html
Or directly from: http://www.lexitec.fi/xywrite/vDos-lfn100_Setup.zip

If you are using one of the vDosXy installers, you can use this
installer to update the vDosXy folder, but this does not work the other
way around. The old installers cannot be run on top of this installation
to restore a vDosXy setup.

Many thanks go to Wengier for his work on making vDos-lfn better suited
for running XyWrite and DOS NB. And for his advice during beta testing
of this solution.

I hope Carl will mirror this download in the near future.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx