Re: Finding W2K was Re: La Machine Est Morte, Vive La Machine!

Well, W2K is no more internet-safe than XP. W2K should not be used for
browsing the Internet, but I have used it for updating software from
known web locations (e.g. MS). VBox uses a conservative approach, and
the default networking settings are quite safe. You can configure the
network settings in several ways, but hiding the browser icon from the
Desktop is really all that is needed. Do not fire it up! I communicate
with virtual sessions through shared folders. If anything goes wrong,
and a virtual machine gets infected, I doubt it ever will if you observe
caution, then delete it and restore a backup. Daily backups of VMs are
very useful.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)