Re: Making mode commands symmetrical (or should I say complementary?)

Patricia wrote.
No. sorry. I've been using the out-of-the-box method since I first got Xy4.

Well I know the value of sticking to what one has automatized.
If you want to bold (or ital or underline-don't; underline, I mean), you hit ctrl-B (or whatever other key you've defined, but this is the Windows CUA, so it's easy to remember) at the beginning, then Ctrl-B or whatever again at the end. And if you want to bold an already defined block, you just have to hit ctrl-B ONCE (using the out-of-the-box keys):
F3 to begin define
move to end, F3 again
Ctrl-B
the whole block has  at the beginning and  at the end.

Yes, and that's one more keystroke than the way I do it.
Independently of the issue of keystroke economy, I find that in Tame, doing it your way doesn't make it show up as actually bolded (the way Tame can actually bold things onscreen). The and are there, but no bolding. You have to save and re-CAll the file to get it to show bold if you do the define-then-bold method. But ctrl-B and ctrl-N work immediately in Tame.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx