From: "andy turnbull"
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: Books on writing?

I come from the old school -- I learned from a succession of editors, rather than from books, but a lot of people seem to think a manual by Strunk and White (authors) is the standard. I don't know the name of the book -- most people just refer to Strunk and White.
In Canada we use the Canadian Press Style Book to standardize
spellings and such, but that would not help in The States. On
the other hand, I'm sure there are AP and UPI style books. Most
of the big publishing houses, (Random House etc.) also have
style guides.
andy t