Re: Wikipedia entry on XyWrite

You can't be referring to anything as fundamental as

  IP 5,0

No. Atex could of course do what IP does.

But what is great about the IX and IM commands are that they don't require a value! IX indented for the length of the paragraph; IM indented until cancelled, if I recall correctly.

So, what you have is something like this:

MY points are:

[and then your points would indent FROM THAT PLACE, wherever it was, without your having to specify a value, until you cancelled the IM command.]

Something similar in Quark but I think it only works for the duration of the paragraph.

In other words, rather than 'indent 0.5 inches' the command is 'indent from here, no matter where here is'.