Re: Mac and Xy

Flash,

Yes, I think my Mac friend recommended this, but thanks for the reminder.
--Harry
Harry, ≪I haven't decided, but I'm leaning that way because of two things: constant irritation with Windows, culminating in my having to re-format and install the factory Win XP, then spend a week re-installing everything (with many "how to's" forgotten). Plus, a Mac-fanatic friend showed me how easy it is to run Windows on the new Macs, with Parallels or VM Fusion. He could actually have a Mac window and a Windows window open simultaneously, seamlessly. When my system went blooey, he explained how simple it is to take "snapshots" of the virtual Windows from time to time and easily roll back (I couldn't get System Restore to do any restoring). ≫ Once you get your Mac up and running, get yourself the program called "SuperDuper!" ; it makes bootable images of the Mac OX and deposits them on an external hardrive. Freeware (no frills); pay for extra features.
Harry Binswanger hb@xxxxxxxx