Re: Printer Drivers

** Reply to message from Nathan Sivin  on Tue, 21 Dec
1999 20:01:11 -0500

If an older HP LaserJet gets cranky in paper handling, it may be that the
pickup roller in the paper tray needs replacing. It's a consumable item, and
they do wear out over time. Have a look in the back of the manual, where you'll
find part numbers. The replacement is very easy; it just snaps in. About $20
or so.

The HP 4050 comes with built-in PostScript emulation. It's HP's clone and not
genuine Adobe, but in my experience works just fine. I use the XY4 DOS HP
PostScript driver, which I've tweaked a little.

Tom Hawley
tjh@xxxxxxxx