NB

Happy New Year, Martin,
I just installed Notabene 7 and the flicker is apparently gone. Smooth all around, for the moment. Previous versions also had screen problems in Ibidem and Orbis, and I have not checked those modules yet, but the main program is flicker free -- again, for the moment. I have not tried to install the XyWrite Keyboard and effect other tweaks, so we'll see.
I have to send my T41 Thinkpad back for a replacement (IE6 was corrupted)
so I have not been able to test VPC (Microsoft's new version) out on it.
And VMware should be waiting in my office at the university. After the
break I should get to it.
If NB 7 is indeed a _new_ program -- why they lived with such a fundamental
problem for so long is a mystery -- then we may have a good WIN backup to
XYDos.
At the moment, as you can see from my inchoate posts, I'm trying to figure
out how, and whether, to partition the machines in this house.
Michael