Re: New PostGhost and Xy2PDF frames - XyShell NOT Required

Robert Holmgren wrote:
** Reply to message from Patricia M Godfrey on Mon, 6 Dec 2004 20:16:05 -0500 PostGhost *displays* the current file in graphical Postscript viewer Command: postghost
Robert, I have been working on the fonts and I couldn't test your new frames. Here is my feedback. PostGhost: no problem, it works perfectly. The only drawback appears inside GhostView: I can navigate the file from page 1 to page N but I am unable to go back (to the previous page, for example). In this case I receive the following message: "No page numbering available".
Xy2PDF makes a PDF out of the current file, then displays the PDF Command: xy2pdf target_PDF_filename No .EXTension here ^^^ (".PDF" is auto added)
It doesn't work. The following piece of code appears in the command line and XyWrite crashes: «SX02,«IS99»{>>}«IF«VA@652»-"W"{»»}
They need: Ghostscript installation: http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/ghostscript/gs815w32.exe
In my case, version 7.04.
GSView installation: ftp://mirror.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/ghost/ghostgum/gsv46w32.exe
In my case, version 4.3.
Accurate d:\path\file.exe specs in XyWWWeb.REG for UserVariables "Ghostscript_EXE_Win32" and "GSView_Win32" POSTGHST.PRN -- set as current PRN
Verified.
KMD.EXE -- locate in DOS PATH
Verified.
XyShell NOT required in Win32. That deprives the Win32 version of the ability to auto-return to XyWrite when you close GSView. I may write an external util to do this soon...
XyShell installed in my case. Before running "XY2PDF Filename", I load your postghost prn file. Any suggestion to continue the debugging process? Just to avoid an obvious mistake on my part, I include the frame I am using in a zip file. Best regards, Manuel Castelao