Re: Printing page range

At 10:07 AM 10/13/2006, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
The type ,x- command is definitely valid. What occurs to me is that new HP printers do have certain divergences from the ones that our drivers were designed for.

This makes sense.
Mostly, the old drivers work. I use the 2 LJ4 drivers with various DeskJets and the only problem I've run into is that certain fonts not only don't work, but print other characters (I was going to map the complete equivalences--there is definitely a pattern--but never got around to it). Timing errors can cause this too, if something else interrupts the data stream (sometimes a mere out-of-paper situation can trash the whole print run).
Funny you should mention this. Using [print ,x-] actually invoked the
kind of printer error I get when I do run out of paper.
I find it hard to believe that one could run out of disk space on our humongous modern hard drives. Local or network printer?

Right. Space I got, in spades, clubs....
Maybe, as you suggest, new printer model and old printer file creates an anomaly. At least I can work around it by simply specifying the range of pages [print ,x-z].

Thanks for thinking about this, all. I was beginning to consider a lobotomy.

Michael Norman
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx